On April 21, 2016 / News
As previously announced, today at F8 we are officially opening the Instant Articles program to all publishers—of any type, any size, anywhere in the world. We’re also sharing new data illustrating how Instant Articles is better for people and publishers, introducing a number of partnerships with publishing tools and analytics providers to support the publishing process, and sharing more detail on how branded content is supported in Instant Articles.
Publishers can sign up at instantarticles.fb.com and join the program today.
Instant Articles Program Data
1. Root Domain Eligibility
If you claim a root domain, you can publish Instant Articles, using any of its subdomains or on any path that originates from it.
- Claiming domain.com includes the root domain.com, subdomains with prefixes like brand.domain.com, as well as paths delineated by forward slashes, such as domain.com/path or brand.domain/path.
- Note that www.domain.com is considered a subdomain and not the root domain.
- Root URLs that include trailing slashes are treated the same as ones that don’t include trailing slashes. So, domain.com is considered equivalent to domain.com/. This rule does not apply to subdomains and paths.
- Domain names are NOT case sensitive but paths are. For example, domain.com is the same as DOMAIN.com. However, domain.com/path is different than domain.com/PATH.
2. Subdomain Eligibility
If you claim a subdomain, you can only publish Instant Articles via any path or subpath that originates from it. You cannot publish from the root domain.
- If you claim www.domain.com, you can publish using www.domain.com and www.domain.com/pathor any descendants.
- The same goes for brand.domain.com.
- But if you claim www.domain.com or brand.domain.com, you cannot publish with domain.com as your root URL.
- Subdomain names are case sensitive.
3. Eligibility for Paths within a Domain
If you claim a specific path, you can publish Instant Articles via any subpaths that originates from the path.
- If you claim domain.com/path, you can publish using domain.com/path and xyz.com/path/any_subpath or any descendants.
- You cannot publish using domain.com, www.domain.com or brand.domain.com.
- Paths are case sensitive.
authorize your website to begin publication. To claim your website’s URL, add the following meta tag to your HTML’s <head> tag and specify the URL below. Unsure what URL to use? Learn more about claiming URLs for your Instant Articles.