Heels N Handbags had just recently had opened in a mall location. Their signage was not visible to the main mall mall visitors or street traffic which meant that internet marketing and word of mouth would be critical elements in their marketing mix. The store specializes in unique designer shoes , handbags and jewelry. The store owner, had picked some modern vibrant colors for her store and had a black and white logo for her company. The company was looking for a website that would provide a unique and widespread visual display of their products, engage their audience and drive sales traffic to the store.
The Navigator team interviewed the store owner and surveyed 100 of the store’s target propsects to understand the following:
- Competitive advantage (from each perspective)
- Why customers purchase designer shoes & handbags (what motivates them)
- Heels N’ Handbag’s prospecting and sales process.
- Research and learn about Heels N’ Handbag’s products and services.
- Research Heels N’ Handbag’s target audience search online for competitors’ products.
The Navigator team generated an online and offline marketing strategy to accomplish:
- Develop a branding strategy to externally communicate what the Heels N’ Handbag brand represents to the world.
- Designed a website with vibrant images of the store’s products and recruited well-known female community influencers as models.
- Programmed the website with key word rich content, product visuals and customer testimonialsto position Heels N’ Handbags as the go-to-supplier of designer heels and handbags in their geographic region.
- Purchased key-word-rich domain names that their prospects search for when looking for heels, handbags and jewelry and directed each domain to the Heels N’ Handbag’s main website.
- Produced a day-long photo shoot of photo layouts that captured the store’s spirit, energy, products, key customers enjoying the product and high profile local females wearing and loving the products.
- Develop an online catalogue of products attached to each key-word rich Designer name.
- Offered the web visitor many options while viewing products: share, purchase and comment.
- Added all social media links and social media sharing features.
- Added a customized blog for the owner to communicate to her audience.
- Web Hosting: We provide web hosting, monthly reporting analytics and referral source analytics.
- Lead Generation System: We created a newsletter sign up system to collect emails and opportunities to win upon sign up.
- Incentive Coupon: We created a rack card format incentive card for $25 off – can be distributed at tradeshows, direct mail and it is positioned on their website for download.
- Word-of-Mouth: We photographed and captured key product testimonials with customers wearing their favourite Heels N’ Handbags from the company to establish credibility and promote word-of-mouth.
- Engagement: We created a Shoe-Aholics’ Confessional on the website. It is a place where bonafideShoe-Aholics can go and confess how many pairs of shoes they really own and they could win a designer pair of shoes that month. The winner’s names are promoted on Heels N’ Handbag’s social media sites and their website.
Impact & Results:
- High impact branding for Heels N’ Handbags – website well received by customers for visual presentation and navigation.
- Instant uptake for web traffic using target keywords and domain names
- High uptake on Shoe-Aholics’ confession entries – 100 in the first 90 days.
- Average stay on website: 5 minutes (longer than the industry 3 minute average)
- Strong analytical tools to report which Media Partner websites generate the most referrals to the Heels N’ Handbag’s website pages.